Software Developer (Golang)
Crossvallia specializes in IT infrastructure, cloud computing, and security, providing IT services, experience and know-how for IT clients across the globe, most notably HAProxy Technologies. HAProxy Technologies is the company behind HAProxy, the world’s fastest and most widely used software load balancer. Organizations rapidly deploy HAProxy products to deliver websites and applications with the utmost performance, observability, and security at any scale and in any environment.
The passion for what we do has no boundaries, our resilience is authentic and our courage is limitless when facing new challenges. We are proud of the culture we have built together.
We are proud of our people at the service of technology #TechforPeople.
What you will do in this role:
As part of the development team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and teams covering a range of technologies and applications, including the core HAProxy team. Our primary stack includes C, Go, Python, Vue.js, Elasticsearch and more, but your focus will be on enhancing HAProxy in Go-related projects.
The Software Developer’s primary role is to use the latest tools and technologies to deliver state-of-the-art software and web applications that meet our company’s needs.
- Process Oriented: Participate in the complete lifecycle of software development including prototyping, implementation, testing, maintenance, and support. Solid understanding of software engineering practices, industry guidelines and CI/CD fundamentals.
- Passionate: A self-starter who has a passion for technology and the ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code. Mindful of solutions that emphasize performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Accountability: Strive for continuous improvement, embrace change, feedback, quick iterations, and embrace failure in order to learn from mistakes.
- Communication: Liaise with peer developers, designers and product owners to identify requirements that affect scope, schedule, and quality. Present status during weekly stand ups or management meetings.
What you will bring to this role:
An experienced contributor with a track record of execution and delivery in a software development environment.
- University degree or college diploma in a Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years proven Golang development work experience
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- Knowledge of various Golang frameworks and tools
- Familiarity with microservices/service oriented architecture (tools and technologies for messaging/observability, REST API, containerization, etc.)
- Expertise with Postgres or other RDBMS
- Git experience is a must
- Experience of web services and caching mechanisms
- Experience developing and deploying in Linux/Unix-based environments
- Experience with automated unit testing
- Written and verbal fluency in English is mandatory, while French is a nice bonus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to details & deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and to easily flow with changes to priorities and projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high-performance organization
- C experience is a plus
- Understanding of networking protocols TCP/HTTP/TLS is a plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructures and container technologies i.e. AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with HAProxy or other SaaS products
This is a full-time position, for candidates located in Croatia and Bosnia.
Surround yourself with talented team members. We hire great people based on our core values creating a fun, collaborative and stimulating work environment. Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have opportunities for growth through upskilling and to learn a vast array of technologies. We are a fast-growing team, allowing you to have a bigger impact on our future.