Linux Systems Administrator
Crossvallia specializes in IT infrastructure, cloud computing, and security, providing IT services, experience and know-how for IT clients across the globe, most notably HAProxy Technologies. HAProxy Technologies is the company behind HAProxy, the world’s fastest and most widely used software load balancer. Organizations rapidly deploy HAProxy products to deliver websites and applications with the utmost performance, observability, and security at any scale and in any environment.
The passion for what we do has no boundaries, our resilience is authentic and our courage is limitless when facing new challenges. We are proud of the culture we have built together.
We are proud of our people at the service of technology #TechforPeople.
What you will do in this role:
- Planning, configuration, deployment, and maintenance work associated with the production environments supporting our CDN, Dedicated Hosting and Cloud Storage products
- Maintain various Linux services (Bind, Apache, HAProxy, Varnish, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RAID, …) and other custom services
- Resolve production-affecting issues as they are reported by customers/monitoring systems/sourced internally from Ops
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Participate in a on-call rotation (either as a primary or escalation contact)
What you will bring to this role:
An experienced contributor with a track record of execution and delivery in a software development environment.
- University degree or college diploma in a Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years solid years experience linux system administration (packages, users, ACLs, resource management, securing base installations, discovering basic hardware issues, etc…)
- Experience with command line tools (AWK, sed, grep, …) and one or more scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, …)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, firewalls and an overview of load balancing clusters
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; excellent organizational skills and an ability to triage issues
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to details & deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and to easily flow with changes to priorities and projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high-performance organization
This is a full-time position, for candidates located in Croatia and Bosnia.
Surround yourself with talented team members. We hire great people based on our core values creating a fun, collaborative and stimulating work environment. Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have opportunities for growth through upskilling and to learn a vast array of technologies. We are a fast-growing team, allowing you to have a bigger impact on our future.