Crossvallia specializes in IT infrastructure, cloud computing, and security, providing IT services, experience and know-how for IT clients across the globe, most notably HAProxy Technologies. HAProxy Technologies is the company behind HAProxy, the world’s fastest and most widely used software load balancer. Organizations rapidly deploy HAProxy products to deliver websites and applications with the utmost performance, observability, and security at any scale and in any environment.
The passion for what we do has no boundaries, our resilience is authentic and our courage is limitless when facing new challenges. We are proud of the culture we have built together.
We are proud of our people at the service of technology #TechforPeople.
What you will do in this role:
As a Systems Administrator, you will be implementing and maintaining the platforms for the company’s Content Delivery Network and managed/colocation services and supporting production affecting issues as they are reported by customers and identified by our sophisticated monitoring systems and sourced internally from within Operations.
- Prioritize and manage issues of varying complexity and criticality; respond to and own support tickets of technical nature, as well as troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve support tickets and questions independently
- Assist Systems Operations and Data Center Management with the daily operations/maintenance of production systems and participate in projects to automate and improve current processes
- Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work associated with the production environments supporting our CDN and dedicated hosting and cloud storage products
- Maintain various linux services (apache, mysql, haproxy, memcached, redis, mongodb, postgresql, varnish) and other custom services
- Bash scripting in order to automate tasks
- Respond to and own support tickets of technical nature, as well as troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve support tickets and questions independently, occasionally partnering with other colleagues
- Perform systems administration tasks associated with implementation, migration and deployments utilizing remote hands
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Systems Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Monitor various systems capacity and provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required
- Test and apply new or updated software, patches, (selfwritten) Shell scripts, replications, backups, following procedures
- Participate in our on-call rotation
What you will bring to this role:
- Bachelor degree in IT, Engineering and/or a related field
- 3-5 years of systems automation experience with command line tools (awk, sed, grep, etc.) and one or more scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Experience including in managing Linux/Unix platforms in these functions: DNS/ADS, RAID, system configuration and administration
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and strong understanding of load balancing clusters, SLB, firewalls, ISPs, switches, routers, etc.
- Must possess strong documentation skills using online documentation tools such as a wiki; experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details such as Kayako, Team Support, OTRS or Service Now
- Ability to work under pressure and to easily flow with changes to priorities and projects
- Highly responsible, self motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast paced, high-performance environment
- Experience securing systems running Linux operating systems is highly preferred
- RHCE and LPI certificate is considered a plus
This is a full-time position, for candidates located in Croatia and Bosnia.
Surround yourself with talented team members. We hire great people based on our core values creating a fun, collaborative and stimulating work environment. Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have opportunities for growth through upskilling and to learn a vast array of technologies. We are a fast-growing team, allowing you to have a bigger impact on our future.